Saturday, November 17, 2007

Whatever you do...


Don't pack up early at a craft show!

It is really tempting sometimes, but I don't think it is ever a good idea. My hubby and I went to a craft show today, and it was extremely slow all day long. The show opened at 9 a.m., and by 3:30, we had sold $10 worth of goods. Many vendors, including the show coordinator, were starting to pack up. Travis, my husband, gave me this look, with his eyebrows raised, that I knew meant, "You want to throw in the towel, too?".

That was when I said, "I don't ever like to pack up early. I have made too many of my best sales in the last 10 minutes of a show." Those words came back to haunt us in a very good way. Right before the end of the show, a lady came by and ended up buying two of the most expensive bracelets on my table. It is my best single sale to date! What a great end to the day.

So...the moral to the story is, the early bird may get the worm, but it is the patient bird who makes the sales.

No comments: