Saturday, November 3, 2007

Oh, No, Christmas is Coming

I sold at my first Holiday Craft Fair of the season today, and it went better than I was expecting. I had a good day for sales, and so many people took cards and wanted to talk later about custom work. Hopefully some of those will pan out into orders. Several things really made the day special, though. First, I got to see Ken and Karen (who make beautiful beaded jewelery) and Ellie and Ellen (who make fantastic necklaces and bracelets from semi-precious stones). They were my selling buddies all summer at Farmer's Market in Kent, and I have missed them a lot since we closed up shop for the summer. Second, I got the offer to be in two more holiday shows, right there at the Craft Fair. And Third, Kimberly, another ETSYRain team member showed up, totally out of the blue to visit the Craft Fair.

I find I enjoy selling to real people who I can visit with much more than I enjoy on-line selling. I hope these opportunities continue to be plentiful and profitable for me.

No comments: