Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Love Custom Orders


I just finished making and packaging up an order for another Etsy sller, and I have a bracelet in the tumbler for one of my colleagues. I wish that I could get enough custom orders going that I could do that exclusively, and give up the production work!

I like all of the parts of a custom order, but I think my favorite part is working with the customer to figure out exactly what they want, to make something that is going to suit the recipient to a "T." Then I get to bring that vision to life. What a rush. I like working that way better than making something for some person out there who may or may not like what I have made. I guess I will have to work harder at imagining the perfect person for the jewelery that I make every day.

Here's to many more custom orders!

No comments: