Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wizard of Oz Chalenge: Take #1


I absolutly love the challenges that Kayce comes up for us to do. I like that we get the chance to stretch our creative juices and try some things that are new and different. I also love that I get a chance to branch out from my "stock" pieces and work on something challenging and exciting.

This is my first attempt to represent the Wizard of Oz in chainmaille. The rings represent the yellow brick road, and the green crystals represent the beauty of the Emerald City at the center. I think they turned out very pretty.

I'm hoping to get one more piece done, but due to a mix-up with some rings (two sizes got mixed together, so I thought I had more than I really did) I came up a little short. We'll see what happens with Wizard of Oz Challenge: Take #2.

I can hardly wait to see what Kayce has in store for us next!!!

1 comment:

' said...

Those earrings are beautiful! Nice job! I can't wait to see all the great ideas that come from this challenge!