Friday, February 1, 2008

Creating Newness


I have a hard time coming up with new and orignal ideas. In chainmaille, most of what is done is pretty formulaic, just recreating or rehashing (for lack of a better term) what has already been done. There are some tremendously creative chainmaille artists out there, but overall, the art of chainmaille lends itself to recreation and re-expression rather than originallity.

That is why I am always very pleased when I come up with something new for me. I love these earrings, which are my latest "Love Knot" design, which is as creative as I have been lately -- even though this is just a variation on a theme.

Maybe this is the challenge I need to set for myself, to come up with some truly original designs and then execute them.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Beth Lisa Goss, Wire Tree said...

Ohh, I really like these!

Unknown said...

I noticed these when you first put them up, they are really lovely!