Saturday, February 2, 2008

Crazy for Pendants


I find myself making more and more pendants these days. And what's more, I want to make lots more of all different types. It was never a type of jewelry I thought I would get into. Until recently, I wouldn't wear necklaces, and pendants were certainly out of the question. Now, I'm sporting different pendants almost every day -- I just rotate through my collection according to my mood.

One difficulty with being a chainmaille artist and making pendants is that chainmaille lends itself to long chains rather than discrete units. I'm struggling to find different motifs that are small and discrete and pendant-like. Every time I stumble upon a good idea, I quick-quick make up a proto-type, and I find myself constantly searching the internet for more ideas. I just hope that pendants are just as popular with my customers and they are with me.

No comments: