Friday, February 8, 2008

Recap: First Thursday


Well, First Thursday at Stir didn't end up to be the marketing boom I had hoped, but I had a great time. I got to hang out with some great sellers from EtsyRain and talk to the few people who stopped by to shop. It was unfortunate that Hilary Clinton was campaigning just a few blocks away during much of the Art Walk, which both seriously impacted traffic and drew in many of the same people who would have normally visited the gallery.

The reactions that I did get were very positive, however. Everyone who looked at my work was very impessed with the amount of work that went into each piece, and many commented on the great variety in the work that I had out on the table. I enjoy doing shows, mostly because of the interaction with people, and I certainly got that last night.

I'm excited to stop by next month and see the different artists hanging out at Stir.

No comments: