Thursday, January 24, 2008

So Many Rings...



and so many ideas!!!

I just got a huge order from the vendor who supplies the rings for my chainmaille, http://www.theringlord.com/. Sixteen pounds of sterling silver, gold-fill, copper and aluminum were waiting for me on my doorstep when I got home today. You can not believe my excitement. My husband just laughs at me when he sees me pointing and quivering at the beat up, tape-covered, not-very big, but very expensive box.

I really like the actual act of receiving supply boxes. The opening, the sorting, the checking in each line item on the packing slip. All of these acts are a pleasure to me in themselves. I also love the possibilities. Right now there is nothing more than tangles of rings, waiting for me to figure out what to make. Some of my options:
  • Copper Byzantine Bracelets
  • Bobble Pendants
  • Wobblebobs *Galore* in every color imaginable
  • Gold-Fill Graduated Persian Earrings
  • Stering Double Spiral Earrings

I can't wait to get started, my hands are itching to get a hold of my pliers and start bending metal.

3 comments:

' said...

I completely agree! There is something about getting a box full of supplies that seems to get the creative juices flowing. I just got one yesterday and can't wait for my kids to leave me alone so I can create!

IMakeCuteStuff (aka Marlo M.) said...

All those rings! All the possibilities! EEEeeeeEEeeeeEEEE!! Fun fun fun! :)

Unknown said...

ooh, your work is beautiful. that box of rings looks like fun :)