Monday, January 7, 2008

Crafty Kids Rock!


My daughter has been doing pretty sophisticated crafting for several years now. My intrepid mother-in-law (check out the Handmade Holiday posts below for some of her accomplishments), has had my little one sewing on buttons, painting, snipping threads into tiny piles of fluff (not crafting per-se, but great for small motor skills) and so many other things I can't remember off hand. Lately I have begun to walk into the sewing room to see my little one crouched under the sewing table running the presser foot while Ma guides the fabric. What a hoot.

This weekend, my daughter designed and made a fused applique pillow with only minimal help from the grownups (except for the ironing and the sewing). I think it turned out great! Watch out Etsy, in a few years, she is going to take you by storm.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

That's an awesome pillow! How old is your daughter?

' said...

That pillow is cool! I love kid art!

katy said...

What a great kid project! I'm going to try it . . .as soon as my oldest can use scissors :)

Woven Chains said...

Hi everyone, Thanks for commenting, I'll have to share the comments with Cass. She is 6, will be 7 in April, by the way.