Saturday, May 3, 2008

Getting Ready!

My first big show of the season, the PSIA/EtsyRain Edmonds Show on May 10th (see my previous post for details) is coming up in exactly one week. I got the nicest write up in anticipation of the show from Kayce at World of Whimm on her blog (thanks Kayce). I am frantically getting ready. Creating, packing, redesigning my display, deciding on whether or not to scramble and order a banner, its enough to exaust even someone who doesn't have a full time job and a family!

To top it all off, those who know me well will tell you that to call me organizationally challenged would be extremely generous. My work is scattered hither and yon, and it has been a major undertaking to unearth all of the its and bits I need for a show that haven't seen the light of day since the pre-Christmas Season. All day long it was "have you seen the bracelet stands?" or "where in the heck did I put the marbles for the martini glasses?" Hopefully we have found most everything now, and all that is left is to finish the last bit of packing during the week.

I even tried to take some pictures of my work area with its glorious dissaray of earrings and bracelets before they all got bagged, tagged, carded and packed. Unfortunately none of them turned out.

On a better note I have gotten some great ideas from our EtsyRain group about displays and I just took a great class from Marlo M. of IMakeCuteStuff on selling at craft shows, so I feel better prepared than I ever have before.

I'm very excited about the show, just in case you haven't figured it out already. I just wish all the tedious, mundane details would be done with, and the fun part could begin!

1 comment:

katy said...

think i'll be able to come right at 9:30 and give you all a quick hello! so excited for you! should be great -