Saturday, December 8, 2007

The ways others touch our lives...



I was really touched by a comment that a returning customer made the other day. She had bought a bracelet from me this summer at Kent Saturday Market, and she made an order for a couple more for some friends. As a part of the conversation that we had over e-mail, she made the comment that the bracelet that I had made this summer had a lot of meaning for her, and that she couldn't wait to share with this with her friends. It was amazing to me that something that I had made with my hands and my heart could have that kind of an affect on someone.

I also had the chance to work with the mother of a business acquaintance of mine just recently, and it was so nice to get to know her a bit better by meeting her family and finding out a little more about her than I would have otherwise known.

I like what I do for many reasons, but one of the main ones is because of the ways that I am touched by and that I have a chance to touch others' lives. I hope that continues.

No comments: