Friday, March 28, 2008

Ick, Blech, Yuck

I feel the need to whine and complain a bit. Maybe even more than a bit. I came back from a spledidly wonderful anniversary trip in San Francisco last weekend to one of the worst weeks I have had in a very long time. The first thing we noticed Sunday night and Monday morning was how cold our house was. We thought the thermostat has just gone wonky, but that was not the whole story...more on that later.

Then Monday, I started to feel awful. I couldn't keep my eyes open and my whole body ached. I wanted to go home, but with my commute I knwe I had better wait to carpool with my husband. I ended up going straight home and climbing into bed. I didn't really get up again until Thursday. It was one of the worst cases of the flu I have had in many, many years.

During this time, my hubby did determine that our furnace -- in our five year old house, no less-- was totally on the fritz. NO HEAT! And we are having one of the coldest Marches on record. In fact, when I went back to work on Thursday, there was 3 inches of snow to be scraped off of my car. This whole thing is more than crazy.

Well, things are starting to look up. We are going to get the furnace fixed, I'm feeling much better, there is no more snow in the forecast and there are really no lasting effects to my terrible week.

I'm sure next week will be better!

2 comments:

katy said...

yuck! are you better?

Martha Hughes said...

I feel your pain (or should I say your "Chill"). The ignition switch goes out on our furnace goes out when ever there's a cold snap. Without fail!

I hope you're feeling better.